What features would you like to see?

Developer
Sep 11, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Since mceTapiRexv2 should have more features than the previous version, what features must not be missing to your mind?
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2008 at 2:11 PM
How about an installer?
An plug-in system?
I also like the "old" TapiRex feature to simulate a call.

As I don't know Media Center (I didn't even know that it was part of my Vista Home Premium),
something like "Fire up Windows Media Center" and "Navigate 1,2,3 to start mceTapiRex" in the installation
instructions would have helped me getting started.
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:18 PM
The ability for a caller to leave a voice message and to be able to playback and listen to any messages from within media center. It always seemed crazy to me that I could see who had called, and when, from within media center but then I had to walk over to the answer phone to hear what message they left!
Developer
Sep 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM
an installer and call simulator are great ideas. i just created a new issue.

@sdteffen: what do u mean exactly by plug-in system?
@duskAdder: voice messages would be a great improvement. but to my mind TapiRex is a better place for this, since then you could receive the voice messages on normal pcs as well. what do u think?

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:15 AM
Hi Lalle,

I'd like to have some functionality that would allow me to add an unknown phone number to the contact database, from MCE - so if the phone number is displayed, but there are no name details attached, the ability to store the number, and possibly have an onscreen keyboard appear to enter the name details to go with the number.

Thanks
Tony
Developer
Oct 6, 2008 at 8:47 PM
Hi,

@Tony: Nice idea about the add contact function. I added a new proposal to the issue tracker. I could even think of an edit function of already existing contacts. The onscreen keyboard got an own topic as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were already a solution available.

Apart from this, I added a number of new proposed features to the issue tracker and how i think they should be solved. please feel free to comment on them as well.

Thanks,
Lars